September’s Theme: Presence
I think it’s time for some transparency! Why not learn from the example of others, right?
So here goes: I have ADHD – that’s attention deficit hyperactive disorder – and it can make it really challenging for me to be present and in the moment – in my life and business.
So why am I sharing this with you if I am business coach who teaches people how to be successful?
Well… I know that a lot of people (especially in the world we live in today) have ADD or ADHD. I also know that a lot of conscious entrepreneurs and visionary entrepreneurs have ADD/ADHD – and that’s actually part of what makes you so perfect for entrepreneurship! (You can learn what those are in a Periscope I did called How to Leverage Your ADD/ADHD to Rock Your Biz!)
Anyway, this blog isn’t about ADD/ADHD, this blog is about this month’s theme:
I’ve been go-go-go all summer long – from meetings to visiting family, producing Return to Roots Gathering, selling out my private coaching program, and training for a(nother!) half marathon. It’s been non-stop. Summer can have that effect on some people!
But now that summer is winding down, I am setting myself up for a really successful winter. I have a group coaching program that I am writing content for right now, another summit, and some awesome winter plans (my man and I are spending our winter closer to the equator!).
But in order to really focus and make sh*t happen, I have to get really present.
Presence, by definition is: the state or fact of existing, occurring, or being present in a place or thing.
In order to achieve your goals and be successful, you’ve got to take time to get intimate or practice presence – with your lover, your business, your family, etc.
It’s in the moments of being present that we can go deeper and really focus on the things that matter.
If you are lacking presence in your life now, you may be showing some of these “symptoms”:
- You spend a ton of time on the computer.
- Your creativity is blocked.
- You are having a hard time processing ideas, issues, situations, etc.
- It’s hard to “turn off” your mind.
- You aren’t feeling like yourself – you’re in a funk.
- You are “busy” all the time.
If you feel like I just described what you are going through right now, I would love to invite you to join me this month and get really present in your life so that you can rock out the project you have in front of you!
Here are some ways you can bring more presence into your life:
- Read: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- Meditate every day (if you have a hard time shutting off your brain, try a guided meditation on Youtube).
- Get 15 minutes or more of exercise each day.
- Integrate some yoga into your day.
- Put the phone down! Stop idly scrolling your downtime away.
- Turn off social media notifications on your phone (unless they are for my Periscopes! I’ll be scoping on the topic of presence all month!).
- Limit your time spent on social media (ie: close the FB tab!).
- Do a 24-hour (or more) electronics detox.
- Wait an hour or so first thing in the morning before hopping on any devices and sign off 1-2 hours before bed.
- Turn off you email notification sound.
So, I would LOVE to hear from you – does this resonate with you? Do you need to integrate more presence into your life? Are you going to adopt this theme for September, as well? What do you do to get more present? Feedback or questions?
Go ahead and post below! xo Meagan